Monday, June 2, 2008

The Last Weeks

For Memorial day one set of grandparents came for a fantastic visit full of brats, ice cream and even an afternoon nap in the living room ^_^

There was also some very happy belly-patting fun to be had.




The next weekend another grandma and a little auntie (sorry sissa, you're always my little sis!) came to visit, we had some exciting chocolate while at a pub/restaurant...



and really really loved this lilac bush that was grafted onto a tree while we toured a nearby hobby town. Him said "Oh, your Mom is so tiny!" in response to this picture. I have to agree with him, can you see why the nickname "elf mommy" stuck so well for so long to her?



Then Him and I celebrated the fun weekend with a cool down at our apartment pool. After our fun swim Him had me brave the camera to prove how big my belly is...although it still doesn't look quite huge, it's a bit more rounded out since he dropped and is no longer hiding underneath my rib cage so much.



It's quite a relief to not feel as though my rib cage is being wedged open anymore. Also, my belly button finally popped--fulfilling all my dreams for a full pregnant experience, heh. I was able to tell my sister from personal experience that, "No, contrary to what I thought, it really doesn't hurt when you're belly button is inside out."

4 comments:

The Goodfellas said...

"contrary to what i thought" -- you're so funny. you and your bellybutton fear.
ps. your belly is cute. :)

OtterBee said...

Thanks, and thanks for the swimsuit! I never expected to wear a swimsuit much while pregnant, but the weather's been so warm, plus we have a pool! So it's been very very useful.

Anonymous said...

Everything is so cute. And you're so cute! Yay!!!

The Goodfellas said...

little otterbee! when will you post again? :)