Wednesday, June 18, 2008

For Those Who Know the Lingo

He dropped five weeks ago. Engaged at zero two weeks ago, 60% effaced and one + cm dilated.

Last week I measured smaller than the previous weeks (37 cm since he had dropped so low), this week I was 40 centimeters since he had a HUGE growth spurt over the weekend. Any bets on size? I'm guessing just about 9 pounds give or take.

Any day now ^_^



In the meantime, I've been enjoying my, so far, week and a half off by lounging at our little apartment pool, reading, and playing a bit of the video game My Darling bought for me. There's also been a fair amount of nesting in the form of cutting the matting for our gorgeous prints (a total of ten hours of work before they were all semi-decently cut and framed), cleaning, organizing, grocery shopping to a ridiculous level, and cooking WAY too much (Last week I made so much spaghetti and hand-made meatballs that My Darling and I both had enough for dinner Sunday evening as well as for lunch for the next five days).

Today at the store I found these great window markers (yup, grocery shopping again), so down time was spent drawing on our windows, mirrors and...well, mostly on windows and mirrors.

5 comments:

Megan said...

I've been checking every day!! Can't wait to find out a name!! I'm guessing it won't be on this blog though...

OtterBee said...

You're so quick! Yeah, there won't be names--hopefully no one will put up any names on anything linking to this blog either, but, I'll email you our ideas so far, I think you'll like 'em! Oh, and I'll put 'em up on my Facebook!

grubekl said...

Can you make his middle name Nubbin? It would be in honor of your popped-out belly button nubbin. A namesake, if you will.

OtterBee said...

He he! I was thinking of an elfin middle name (as in playful, not LoTR) like Buggaboo, but Nubbin is excellent.

I wish you could see my belly now (in person)--it has a permanent side-lump from his back/butt poking out. "Him" and I both think you'd have a great time poking at him.

The Goodfellas said...

yay for your cute belly!!! :)
ps. OOOH, email me your ideas too will you??!