Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13th!

Him really wanted the baby to be born today ("Wouldn't Friday the 13th be cool?"), but I'm still sticking with my original date (for those who know it ^_~) as my prediction. Either way, he's on his way. He dropped (My rib cage has shrunk back down about three-four inches and holding.) nearly four weeks ago! The past two check-ups have shown that things are changing at a nice pace--and are all prepared to go anytime. It could be tomorrow or another two weeks.

I've already packed my clothes...and Him's since he'll be staying with us at the hospital <3 Slowly, I'm shopping and picking up stuff around the house, waiting for that famous energy burst which might never come.

In other news, this little guy belonging to my cousin was born recently at 10lbs and 10oz. After 24 hours of pitocin-induced labor and 3 1/2 hours of pushing they finally realized he wasn't coming out. So, c-section it was. Mother and baby are fine and very very cute (both of them ^_^).






"Little buddy" as Him so fondly calls him is pretty strong already: At two days old he was laying on his tummy next to his mom with his head to the side facing me and, suddenly, I watched in surprise as he used his little arms and lifted both head and shoulders off of the bed to look around for a moment before flopping down again.

You don't have to believe me, I don't know if I would believe it if I hadn't been there. ^_^

2 comments:

The Goodfellas said...

what a cutie!
oh my goodness, i had a shock... i scrolled down and looked at your pictures first and thought WHAT?! then i read it and it made more sense. :)

OtterBee said...

He he, I know, I always do that type of thing too! No baby for us yet.

Can you believe he was 10 pounds 10 ounces!?!